Thursday, January 20, 2011

the blue hole in the sky

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011, I saw a magnificent scene in the sky.  The darkened sky had opened up to reveal a bright blue hole.  It felt like something out of a movie.  It so captured my attention that I had to stop and take a picture with my phone. 


As I was on my way home, as soon as I arrived, I quickly grabbed my camera and was able to get a few shots of the scene before it went away.  What it seemed like was that this magnificent blue hole that had opened up was now closing. 

      

Being that I sometimes have an overactive, child-like imagination, I wondered what it would have been like to be able to position myself under that blue hole, lift my arms above my head (a feat in itself with frozen shoulders), and zoom up into its vastness.  In order to make this more "real", I see myself as a cartoon character, like one of those on the chocolate commercial where they are all swimming around in chocolate to the lyrics "I'll stop the world and melt with you." (The song is from the 1980s by a band named Modern English.  I remember it being very popular in 1986.)

If you examine the first picture of the blue hole closely, its shape could be a car, sans wheels.  (But then who needs wheels in the clouds anyway?!?)

It was a glorious moment of light in the midst of darkness.  In reality, it allowed me to be in awe of creation and Creator once again.  In creativity and imagination, it allowed me to be a photographer and a kid.

Even without the pictures, I would have enjoyed the moments.  Taking the opportunity to enjoy the moment(s).... there is joy in this!  And, therefore, there is joy on the journey!

This is just an example of one of my moments along my journey. 

What moments bring you joy in your daily journey?

May you be able to stop and enjoy the moments that come across your path.  May they bring you joy.

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment