Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Guest post by Thorny Gates-- Feather on Sandy Beach

I have wanted to offer guest blogposts for a while. I just haven't gotten a "round tuit." Recently I saw a painting that caught my attention and I asked the artist if he might write his thoughts down about it and offer it on my blog. He did. 

Friends, I introduce Thorny Gates to you. Thorny often posts photography or his paintings on his Facebook page, along with reflections. His work inspires me.

I invite you to spend some time with the art and the artist's words.

Rev. Deb


Feather on Sandy Beach

 

Sunrise and sunsets are reflective times for the soul.

Water is life. It ebbs and flows. It can be a gentle rain or a raging storm. Waves come in for a deeper connection or to let go. Water is the Life Force flowing through all things.  Waves bring cleansing, new beginnings, life.  Receding they take away pain, worries, and life. Water gives moments to breathe and times of peace. Without water life doesn’t exist.

Feathers are a symbol of The Creator and of the connection to the person with the feather and to the bird that gifted it.  Feathers are signs of freedom, gliding on the breath of life, of care, protection, strength and honor.

The feather is standing firmly anchored to Mother Earth. When the winds of life blow, the Great Spirit may lean and bend but doesn’t break. It withstands the storms. 

The painting is a reminder that all life is connected and to take time to see and remember.


~Thorny Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment