Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Labyrinth time during Holy Week


Though my Lenten practice of walking/praying the labyrinth is over, I wanted to walk/pray during Holy Week. 

I was able to get my time in at dusk.

As I approached the labyrinth at Burks UMC,  I saw something brown in the grass. Was it a squirrel? It turned out to be a bunny rabbit. There were two. The one in the left hopped away sooner than the one on the right. 





Bunnies and blooms were the overall theme tonight, along with crickets as the primary sound.

The violets were in full bloom. There were a few dandelions in white form, or as I call them, blowy flowers. 


My heart seemed heavier tonight. I sat vigil this afternoon with someone who will soon be crossing the threshold.  Yet, that is not a heavy thing. It is a beautiful experience, Holy ground, and an honor to walk that part of life with someone. 

Truthfully, it is a beautiful experience, Holy ground, and an honor to walk any and all parts of life with someone.  That is something I enjoy offering to another. It is part of who I am. Me, as me. Me, as pastor. Me, as ally. Etc. It is simply me. I have always walked alongside others, meeting them where they are.

Maybe that's what keeps drawing me back to the labyrinth. It takes me to the center of things, to the center of who I am. It allows me to let go, to trust the One who created me, and to help me to be me.

As this week continues, may I walk/pray knowing I am a beloved child of God. May I live into the me I am created to be. 

May you know this too. May you do this too.

Peace, 

Rev. Deb





No comments:

Post a Comment