Sunday, September 30, 2018

I won a stole in a contest from Serendipity Clergy Stoles

Back in June, the day after my surgery, I was checking my email on my phone prior to checking out of the hospital.  I got an email letting me know I had won the contest for Serendipity Stoles.  I almost deleted it, thinking it was a joke.  I rarely win anything and in the recovery from hip replacement surgery, it took me a moment to remember that I had entered a contest for a free stole.

I don't remember how many months back I had entered the contest, but I had seen it on their Facebook site and I had entered the drawing for a free stole.  I wrote what stoles meant to me and how they are not only beautiful, but part of the visual teaching and visual art in a service.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn I had one the 10th Anniversary stole.

The company owner Tanja wrote about the 10th Anniversary stole here and you can see a picture of the first stole and the 10th anniversary stole.

I was so blessed to win this stole.  To come out of hip replacement surgery and to hear from Tanja that I had won was a gift.

I didn't wear a robe right away when I went back into preaching from surgery because I didn't want to trip.  But when I started wearing the robe again, I was able to wear the stole.  Because it is green and Ordinary time is a long season, I get to wear it quite a bit.  I switch it out with a special "joy" stole given to me by a group of ladies from a Tuesday Bible Study years back.

If you want to learn more about Serendipity Clergy Stoles, you can check out their website or their Facebook page.  You can also read blog entries.

When looking for a white stole for my niece's upcoming wedding in November, I decided to order from Serendipity Clergy Stoles.  I am looking forward to its arrival.

Blessings on your journey.

Debra




1 comment: