Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Advent 2 2020

Having posted Advent 1, now I can post Advent 2.

Week 2: peace, justice, gift, reflection, freedom, faithfulness, wonder


December 6. Today's word is "peace". Today begins the 2nd week of Advent. Where do you see peace around you? What brings you peace? What does peace mean to you? As you reflect on today's word, you are invited to share what comes to mind-- your thoughts and any photo or drawing. #peace #adventphoto #saintelmoumc



Today's word is peace. I saw this stick on the ground last week on my walk in the woods. It reminds me of a peace symbol. Being in the woods always brings peace to my soul. Creation/nature therapy is a large part of my self/soul care. The 2nd photo is my Advent wreath. I turned over my peace mug today. @godw1nz. Peace to me has potential to run deep, like the calm on the ocean floor, even when there is tumult on the surface. May it be so. #peace #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 7. Today's word is "justice". How does justice fit into your Advent journey? Where do you see justice lived out? Where do you see the need for justice? What does justice mean to you? Share your reflections and any photo or drawing that depicts justice to you. #justice #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is justice. This quote by Abraham Lincoln causes me to pause and reflect. It also brings to mind a favorite verse, Micah 6:8. These muscadines were super sweet. Their owner was kind enough to share the crop with any of us who wanted to use them up. That was a gift, founded on relationship. Another verse that comes to mind is from Amos. It speaks of justice rolling down like water. #justice #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 8. Today's word is "gift". As you reflect on today's word, what comes to mind? What gifts are needed/desired this Advent season? What gifts have you noticed? Sometimes gifts come to us in unexpected ways, places, or people. Have you ever considered that you are someone's gift? As you reflect on today's word, consider making a list of all the gifts that come to mind. Share a photo or drawing that represents today's word and reflections. #gift #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is gift. Gifts came in many forms today-- this heart on the counter at the grocery store, folks helping in many ways, a flu shot, some homemade cookies, several incredible conversations, a duck for my bike, encouragement, stories and memories of a retired colleague who has entered the heavenlies, and more. When I am present, so much of life is a gift. I am grateful. #seeaheartshareaheart #gift #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 9. Today's word is reflection. The Advent Season is a time for reflection. What are the things that are coming to mind this year for you? How does reflection change you? As you consider today's word, what photo or drawing depicts it for you? #reflection #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is reflection. This is from a sunset at Chester Frost Park on October 19th. The sky and the colors were perfect. They reflected their images into the water because the water was still enough and the light just so. I enjoy my reflection times when I can think clearly. Peace, be still. #reflection #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 10. Today's word is freedom. What comes to mind as you reflect on this word? How are you experiencing freedom this Advent season? If freedom isn't something that is currently in your life, where would you like to see freedom? What would freedom look like for you? How would you depict today's word in a photo or drawing? #freedom #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is freedom. I have never felt so free as I did when I was in the air doing this. Today, reflecting back 7 years, I think the freedom came because I knew I was in good hands. I could trust and let go. I could live into the moment and be. There is freedom in all of that. Those are just some of the thoughts I have on freedom today. If I were to share more, I would mention freedom from sickness, illness, cancer, and pain-- as I know several who are free from those things. Their freedom is important to me, even though it brings me loss and sadness. #feedom #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 11. Today's word is faithfulness. As you think about this word, whose faithfulness comes to mind? How has faithfulness been part of your faith journey and/or your Advent season thus far? What does faithfulness mean to you? You are invited to share your thoughts on faithfulness in writing and in the form of a photo or drawing. #faithfulness #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is faithfulness. Cliff is a faithful companion to Charlie. As of today, they get to spend some time together, after 3 months apart. Another thought about faithfulness today is the faithfulness of a life well lived-- Sullins M. Lamb. #faithfulness #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


December 12. Today's word is wonder. How does today's word play a role in Advent for you? Where is there wonder in your life? What causes you to wonder? As you reflect on today's word, you are invited to share your thoughts and any photo or drawing. #wonder #adventphoto #saintelmoumc


Today's word is wonder. Nativity scenes cause me to wonder. They engage my thinking and imagination. What was it like? Truly? How does one ride a donkey bareback when they are close to giving birth? Even sitting side saddle, how does one do that? That could not have been comfortable. That is just one sacrifice as a mother that Mary made. I wonder how I might continue to learn and grow as I allow myself to be in relationship with the Christ child. #wonder #adventphoto #saintelmoumc

As you reflect on each of these words, what comes to mind for you? 

Peace on your journey, 

Rev. Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment