Monday, September 20, 2021

A heart-shaped potato chip


I posted this on my social media accounts today:

#seeaheartshareaheart
Paying attention. Having eyes to see and ears to hear. Being mindful. You may not see the heart shape in this chip. I did. It was the first chip I picked. Hearts are a symbol of love. Having preached on "Love Without Borders" yesterday and how God goes to extremes to show us love, this tiny potato chip makes me smile. God offers us love, hope, and healing. Yes, even by way of a potato chip.

----------

We can all use reminders of love.  Just today I wrote on someone's post who had noted that once you see mushrooms or trees you see them everywhere (something to that effect).  I responded with saying that it is the same with clouds or hearts or even people.  Once we see someone or something, it becomes difficult to un-see them or it.  Think about it.  It's a cause for a pause, as the saying goes.

May paying attention, having eyes to see and ears to hear, being mindful be a daily experience!

Peace and adventure!

Rev. Deb

2 comments:

  1. About the same time you were posting this, I also posted a heart and thought of you and "see a heart, share a heart." How special is that, both of us finding hearts today?

    https://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2021/09/have-heart-and-be-kind.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! Heading to read your post now! :)

      Delete