Monday, June 27, 2022

Haiku inspired by Jesus







There are many places at Lake Junaluska in NC that I want to visit each time I am there: the Rose Walk, the chapel, the bookstore, the cross, Inspiration Point and Jesus.

I made it by to see Jesus on our way out this last time. The statue of Jesus shows him offering the bread and the wine. For whatever reason, this statue captures my attention. 

His feet remind me of the verse that says:

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”" ~Isaiah 52:7

It's pretty cool that this statue is overlooking the mountains and Lake Junaluska in a beautiful setting.

Here is the Haiku inspired by the statue as I was thinking about it last night:

following Jesus:
humility, letting go;
Come, Holy Spirit.
DD, 6/26/22

As I transition into family leave of absence, I follow Jesus. It is a journey, an adventurous journey. There is much unknown, but Thomas Merton assists me in this time as well with his prayer:

"My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road,

though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though
I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.

I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."

Rev. Deb

Photos are mine, taken on 6/11/22.

No comments:

Post a Comment