Monday, February 14, 2011

A sunrise with cotton candy clouds....


This morning's sunrise was beautiful!  No, gorgeous!  No, exquisite!  Okay, you get the picture.  It was remarkable.  (In my humble opinion.)  After the reds and oranges rose up from the horizon, pink cotton candy clouds appeared throughout the skies.  That, too, was pretty awesome.  I took some pictures, but pictures don't always express what the eye has seen.

Today is Valentine's Day.   A "holiday", not a "holy" day.   Regardless what you think of it or how much you make from it (if you happen to be the CEO of Hallmark or Russell Stover's Candies), it is a day to share how much you care. 

At church, we just finished a series yesterday called "When Christians Get It Wrong" based on Adam Hamilton's book and study series.  The final chapter is about 'when Christians get it right'.  When do Christians get it right?  What it boils down to is when they love. 

So, with "love" being on my mind for many reasons and with a lovely sunrise this morning, I share with you some thoughts I had on love:


Love is what it is all about.
My love for God that will overflow
from my life into yours, helping you
understand how much you are loved as well.
Love. 
It isn’t always easy to express. 
It gets tangled up in the busyness of daily life
or in the desires and wants for self.
Love.
That’s what I hope to show you,
through my words and my actions.
Love is what it is all about.
Living each moment in the grace of God’s love,
Debra J
2/13/11    
May your journey be filled with love,

~Debra

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Debra, for inspiring words and an inspiring blog! I aspire (oh, no, I'm getting too alliterative now!--is that the right word?--anyway), I aspire to post on a more frequent basis now. Have a great V Day. Will check out the Hamilton book on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete