Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lent...taking time on the journey for reflection

I was introduced to this poem by Ann Weems for the first time this week.  The poem is "Lent".   Though the lenten season is drawing to a close, it isn't over.  There is still time to walk the journey.

Here are her words:

LENT

Lent is a time to take the time
to let the power of our faith story take hold of us,
a time to let the events get up and walk around in us,
a time to intensify our living unto Christ,
a time to hover over the thoughts of our hearts,
a time to place our feet in the streets of Jerusalem or to walk along the sea and listen to his word, a time to touch his robe
and feel the healing surge through us, a time to ponder and a time to wonder …
Lent is a time to allow a fresh new taste of God!

~Ann Weems


This poem says it so well.  As I heard it for the first time this week, it was refreshing, like a breeze of fresh air blowing through the trees and filling my lungs (but without any pollen).  It was balm unto my soul. 

As I journey through this season of Lent, I needed this reminder.  I need some of what Ann Weems writes about.  May I take the time to allow it to happen.

May your journey include reflection time that allows a fresh new taste of God!

~Debra

P.S. You can find the poem "Lent" by Ann Weems in the book Kneeling in Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment