Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Canterbury Retreat & Conference Center, a peaceful place to stay!

I'm taking my first week-long intensive class this week on the Asbury Theological Seminary FL campus.  It's located about 12 miles from where I'm staying, which is at the Canterbury Retreat & Conference Center in Oviedo, FL.  You can check it out at: www.canterburyretreat.org

There is a little lake out from my room, "Lake Gem".  At night the cross illuminates and reflects across the water.  During the day, you can see a reflection as well, but not the light (or the light's reflection). :)

Though I haven't had much time to explore or really enjoy the beauty of this place, I have taken moments to have quiet time by the water, to read outside, and to walk around and enjoy. 

It's good for me to be outside.  Being outside helps me to clear my mind, to relax, to "be".  As I've shared before, being outside and in creation is one of the key ways I connect with my Creator. 

But, it is a little warm out plus I do have some reading to do.  So, outside time is minimal.

I'll post some pictures that I've taken so you can see what I've seen.  Of course, you can also check out the website link that I've posted as well.

As for my first on campus seminary class?  It has been incredible!  I couldn't have planned a better first on-campus experience.  The professor is excellent, the fellow classmates have been tremendous. Class discussions, readings, and videos have been thought-provoking and challenging.  I'll have more to write about that later, I'm sure. :)

For now, some pictures.  Then, I must get back to my reading. :)

How is it going on your journey? 

~Debra

road sign on the way into FL. caught my attention. :)
Lake Gem at the retreat center

baby treelings? stumplings? next to lake
close-up of flowery thingy.  Richard?!!?


            
     orange in tree outside room                      outside of St. Augustine's Chapel



view of lake from outside eating area



No comments:

Post a Comment