Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Light of the World

Good morning.



It's Wednesday.  Though it's only Wednesday, I've had a very full week and it isn't close to being over yet.

Gearing up for Annual Conference means getting sermon preparations and bulletins for the following week.  It means turning in buckets to the District Office.

I am proud of our Parish-- 21 buckets total and they gathered them all up and got them to the District!!  Way to go team of lay folks in the Holston Georgia Parish who worked together in getting this done and the servants who gave time and energy at the District Office on behalf of the Holston Georgia Parish!  Last year I went and spent time at the District Office helping go through the materials. This year I helped carry buckets down the hall. That's all I had time for with everything else.

Because we are adding administrative offices into our parish, I have had many meetings added into my schedule over the past several months.  It has been a busier time, but really I can't remember a time that isn't busy when you serve three churches and have a 4th entity of a parish concept.

This morning I am blessed to go into the Community of Hope Summer Camp and share the morning devotion with the campers.  Wednesdays are my days.  This camp came about from the dreaming and visioning of some folks in Rossville, GA who wanted to make a difference in the lives of students.

Before I go in, I am outside on the patio, enjoying the cool weather (64 degrees) and the breezes.  The chimes are singing, the birds are chirping, and it is actually a little chilly.

I am starting my devotional study for the week for "Finding I Am". That's right, "starting".  Tonight is the Bible Study and I should be finished by now.  But, go back to the point of 'busy schedule', 'meetings', etc.  This week's focus is on Christ being the light of the world.

John 8:12-- "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."

This morning the light woke me up as it was shining through the window.  I knew I needed time with the Light in more ways than one, so here I am, with the I Am.




May the Light of the world shine brightly today in and through your life, my life.  May we see more clearly and be bold enough to live, love, and lead as the Light directs.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment