Saturday, June 9, 2018

Annual Conference 2018 begins tomorrow


It's that time of year when the United Methodist Churches are holding their Annual Conferences.  Holston Conference's Annual Conference begins tomorrow, June 10th and goes through June 13th this year. Why would I write about Annual Conference this year?

This year is a big year for me.  I have been a Provisional Elder for three years and have been approved to be Ordained at Annual Conference.  I am excited to be moving forward as an Elder in Full Connection in the United Methodist Church.

I imagine I will continue to reflect on the long journey that has brought me to this point and continue to wonder what in the world God plans to do with me and through me.  It is definitely an adventure as I seek to listen to the One Voice and to live, love, and lead like Jesus.

As you read this post, you may or may not be United Methodist.  You may or may not have any any interest in the Holston Conference that is located in the Southeastern Jurisdiction.

However, I thought that I would post an informational post for the one person (or maybe two persons) who might be interested in checking out what goes on in the 2018 Holston Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska this year.

First, there is a livestreaming link where you can watch many of the sessions during the conference.  It is from Lake Junaluska and you can CLICK HERE to access it.  They include a link on their page for a schedule of their events.

Second, if you really want to dig in deep, I'm including a link to this year's Book of Reports.  It is from our Holston Website. (holston.org).  You can CLICK HERE for the 2018 Book of Reports.

Third, if you decide to tune into any of the worship sessions, you may find the Worship Book helpful.  On Wednesday, June 13 at 9am, you can watch "The Service of Ordination, Commissioning, and Sending Forth" on the livestreaming link. It begins on page 63 in the Worship Book. You can CLICK HERE for the 2018 Worship Book.

That's not all!

To keep up with what is going on at Annual Conference DURING Annual Conference, you can check out THE CALL.  The staff does a great job of taking pictures and covering news stories for both social media and a printed paper (which will also be available online).

Here are some links to help you stay current for Annual Conference (and for Holston Conference throughout the year):

Official Link for Holston Conference:
holston.org

Official Link for Annual Conference:
holston.org/about/annual-conference


THE CALL:

We're Doing Annual Conference From A to Z, June 7, 2018

The Call-- A.C. Editions (Currently, there are archived editions here.  I am hoping 2018 editions will be posted here.)

The Call on Facebook


If you are heading to "the lake", I hope to see you there.  If you are experiencing it via media, I hope the links will be helpful and informative.

Praying for a great Annual Conference in which the Holy Spirit guides, moves, and flows!

Blessings on your journey!

Debra




No comments:

Post a Comment