Monday, April 25, 2022

Reflections from a "blowy" flower

This morning I read a quote in a book for our spiritual direction program. I put some thoughts with the quote and added a photo for an Instagram/Facebook post.

I decided I would post on my blog this evening.




Here is what I wrote: 

I find that I am am able to notice God, Creator, most and best in nature. I notice in other places too, such as a recent experience in a grocery store. Paying attention to the movements of the Holy Spirit is a practice so that I might draw nearer to the heart of God. This is my goal in the spiritual journey-- to draw nearer to the heart of God. The quote I share from the book here seemed to fit with this picture of what I call a "blowy" flower. It is a dandelion. When in this stage, the blown seeds will travel as the wind carries them and they plant themselves to renew.
"Our God is the one whom Jesus called Father, whom the Scriptures address as Creator and Lord of all that is; and whose Spirit, flowing from Father and Son, animates our lives and renews the face of the earth." ~Elizabeth Liebert, The Way of Discernment: Spiritual Practices for Decision Making, xv.
Photo is mine. Chester Frost Park. 4/23/22

Additional thought this evening:

Dandelions in this form capture my attention and spirit not only because they are beautiful with their design, but because they are playful and fun. In the light of the sunset two nights ago, this weed shone brightly on the shore. It was as if it was basking in the light of the sun, taking in the light that was being offered it and glowing in return.

This journey is truly an adventure.

May it continue to be so.

Rev. Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment