Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wild-- my word for 2019.



I have not ever picked a word for a year. This year, a word picked me.

Wild.

I realized that some things were coming together that both had "wild" in it.

This mushroom caught my attention the other day. It was unusual. It was special. It was an excellent looking fungi, to me. It was wild.  Creation has a way of capturing my attention.

I am attending Wild Goose for the first time this summer.

And, then, today things worked out for me to attend a Wild Church Network retreat for 3 days in June.

Wild.

What will this mean? I don't know. Yet, I look forward to the unfolding.

But, in looking at the definition of "wild" from Cambridge online, this caught my attention:

"slang Wild also means excellent,special, or unusual:

The music they play is just wild.
Your wildest dreams are your hopes or thoughts about the best things that could happen in your future:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d win."

Excellent, special, unusual.

Dreams, hopes, thoughts.

2019, I am looking forward to the wild journey and adventure ahead.

Let's do this.

Debra

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I can't wait to see how this unfolds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree, that mushroom looks really special. Hope I can see that kind of mushroom in my place. Anyways, we'll wait for your updates. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete