If I were to pull out my calendar, I might be able to better pull out highlights of the year. However, I'm going to try to do it from memory.
What are my 2018 highlights?
- I went to Women of Joy in April in Pigeon Forge with a great bunch of women from Flintstone UMC.
- In May I met with the Bishop and my colleagues at the Conference office on Red Nose Day. We had our official pictures made with the Bishop and a photo with red noses.
- Charlie's art department at Hixson High School won $75,000 from Van's shoes in an art competition.
- I was Ordained as an Elder in Full Connection in the United Methodist Church in June.
- I had a successful left hip replacement surgery on June 25.
- I won a stole in a contest from Serendipity Stoles.
- We added another member to our family, Cliff, a 7 year old chow mix.
- Riley and I traveled to NC for a FUMSDRL/HOF retreat/board meeting in July, taking our time getting there by spending some time sight-seeing along the way. I met an author at a local bookstore and picked up the sign "love and acceptance practiced here". I also met Jane Vennard at the retreat, along with some other great folks and reconnected with others.
- Charlie started his senior year in the fall and we had the final Friday night football / band nights and band competitions.
- We went to Nashville in October to check out Watkins College.
- I participated in a local Interfaith Service as an usher in October.
- My niece married in November and it was my 2nd wedding to officiate.
- Riley FULLY and FINALLY retired at the end of November from the pharmacy world.
That isn't the entire year in review. These are the things that I could think of without going back to my calendar. It doesn't include the many folks I've gotten to know, some significant experiences, opportunities, etc. It is a quick view, an overview.
I wonder, if I were to pick one picture to depict 2018, what would that be?
I think it would be a picture from the bamboo patch that I visited on January 11th at Reflection Riding. I started off last year with a day apart that opened things up for me spiritually. This picture depicts that, in a small way.
What are your highlights from 2018?
What are your hopes and dreams for 2019?
Grace and peace in the journey,