Monday, December 17, 2018

Advent 2-- photo-a-day for week 2 of Advent

Last week was the 2nd week of Advent and week 2 of the Photo-A-Day challenge for Advent.  Most days I post on the day, but like last week, there is at least one day where you see a "yesterday's word was" instead of "today's word is".  Life happens.  That's okay.  I'm not doing this to keep up with anything or anyone.  I'm doing this to keep space open in my heart, mind, and soul for Advent, for the coming of Christ, for Christ now.

I don't know if the questions, the pictures, or the reflections are helpful for you.  If they are, that is wonderful.  If they are helping to keep or create space within you this Advent season, then that is an added gift.

May there be hope, peace, joy, and love on your journey,

Debra

---------------



Today's word is #peace. Where do you find peace? Where do you need peace? What represents peace to you? #adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #peace. From top left, the peace mug, then a peace ornament on a wall, at a store, then today's bulletin cover, and then a lion. It was a huge stuffed lion in a store and it caused me to think about the lion and the lamb in the peaceable kingdom. The deep peace that passes understanding brings healing and wholeness. This is the peace I seek to know and share. #adventphoto#holstongap



Today's word is #justice. This Advent season, where do you see justice lived out? Where do you see it needed? What represents justice to you? #adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is justice. Though Micah 6:8 and Amos 5:24 speak to me of justice, as I prepare to minister in the Hispanic community this week, this verse from Isaiah speaks to me on many levels. #adventphoto#holstongap


Today's word is #gift. What does the word "gift" bring to mind? When you look around today, what represents "gift" to you? #adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #gift. There are many gifts for which I am grateful. One is the gift of music. To those who teach and direct, thank you. To those who spend hours learning, practicing, and honing the musical gifts and graces, thank you. Whatever the instrument, music a a gift, a language to the soul. These instruments were at the Hixson Middle school Winter concert last Thursday. It struck me how they were side by side, facing each other. I was quite a distance away, with a regular phone camera.#adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #reflection. As you reflect on today's word and go through this day, what comes to mind? What does this word represent to you? As you spend time in reflection this Advent season, what are you learning? #adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #reflection. The sunrise this morning caught my attention. As the light and colors bounced off the clouds, I took in the rich beauty. Clouds and sunrises cause me to reflect. This morning was a double gift. As I have reflected on the beauty to the start of this day, I am reminded to take in each moment as it comes and enjoy it for all it is.#adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #freedom. What does the word "freedom" bring to mind for you? Where do you experience freedom in your life, in your faith? Is there any where that you don't experience freedom? What does freedom mean to you? #adventphoto #holstongap


Today's word is #freedom. These wings are from New Bern, NC. We stopped for lunch on our way to the retreat center. Wings are a symbol of freedom to me. Flying produces a sense of freedom. For me, hanggliding offered me one of the freest experiences I have had. A butterfly's wings must first dry before it can fly. It may be free from the dark cocoon, but it isn't quite ready to take off. Is it still drying time (waiting) or is it time to fly? #adventphoto#holstongap



Today's word is #faithfulness. How have you experienced faithfulness this Advent season? What does "faithfulness" mean to you? #adventphoto #holstongap



Yesterday's word was #faithfulness. I reflected all day and though I had faithfulness of a relationship in mind, someone who sticks by you, I didn't have the picture for the situation I was wanting to share, of a person who depicts faithfulness in life. Yet, here is Cliff. Ever faithful and counting on us to be faithful. Who are the faithful ones in your life? Where have you seen faithfulness lived out? #adventphoto#holstongap


Today's word is #wonder. What causes you to "wonder" this Advent season? How does this word come across to you today? What photograph best depicts "wonder" to you? #adventphoto #holstongap



Today's word is wonder. As I approached the stop sign, a family of three was crossing the road. When I stopped, I could only see one. They are wandering and grazing. I realize they can be pests to gardens and cars at night, but they are beautiful. I often wonder what has become of wildlife as we have taken over their land, forcing them to live among us in neighborhoods. I wonder as I wander today.#adventphoto #holstongap

No comments:

Post a Comment