Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Psalm 134--Bask in the light of love

This morning I just popped out of bed. I looked outside and noticed the sun was beginning to show its colors on the horizon. 

I got some coffee and Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying and headed outside.  Cliff heard me and joined me. 

I read Psalm 134 as I watched the beautiful colors spread across the sky. 


Making this time to breathe in and out, to be still, to listen, to enjoy creation is crucial self-care and soul-care for me.

Here is Psalm 134:

Come, bask in the Light of Love, all you who would serve the Divine Plan!
Lift up your hands to the Holy One, singing songs of praise!
Bow down and receive blessing from the Giver of Life!
All praises be to You,
whose Love created heaven and earth!
Nan Merrill, Psalms for Praying, p.269

As you reflect on the Psalm, what stands out to you? What speaks to you? What captures your attention?

Wherever you land in your focus, may you receive love today, along with peace and calm, recognizing that the Giver of Life gives you these things and much more. Yes, even on the days and in times of stress, anxiety, doubt, uncertainty, etc., the Giver of Life has you, has me. 

Peace on this day. 

May the adventurous journey continue.

Rev. Deb








This is what I posted on social media earlier today with the Psalm and the photos: 

"If last night's weather and scenery wasn't beautiful enough, this morning is rising to meet it! The breeze and coolness is exceptional! The colors in the sky have been amazing. Coffee. Cliff. Breathing in. Breathing out."


2 comments:

  1. Hi Debra…It’s Carlene from Skyline. I was looking for the words to Master Designer and HERE THEY ARE! Thank you.
    I hope you’re good. ❤️💙💚
    I don’t usu. post on public forums so I am anon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlene! Thanks for taking a moment to write a comment after finding the words to Master Designer! Hope you are well! I am doing well!

    ReplyDelete