Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Reflection from a lectionary art piece

I saw this piece of artwork in a clergy group yesterday that sparked me to write abut it. 

What I posted:

"Artwork for Pentecost 17, with text from 2 Timothy 1:6-7 by Chris Suerdieck, artist. 

This image and the verses got my attention. Yes, there might be tiny hearts that caught my eye. #SeeAHeartShareAHeart 

The vibrant colors captured my gaze as my eyes wandered over the piece.

As I read the verses, there was a pause within me. Hmmm. I wonder. What gift is waiting within me to be rekindled? What gift within you is waiting to be rekindled?

With power, love, and self-discipline, it is time to kindle a gift or rekindle a gift that has grown cold in the ashes.

As a prayer goes:

"Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in us the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and we shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy your consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Rev. Deb"

Not in post online: 

Rev. Chris Suerdieck's artwork is posted in the clergy group and can be found all over Facebook. She offers her artwork to clergy and churches to use in services and devotionals, with appropriate credit. I was hoping to find another source t post here, but was not able to. Just search her name to see different art.

Art speaks to different people in different ways. 

I am grateful for the artists I know who share their giftedness with others. 

From drawing to photography to painting to writing to music and every other aspect of art, to all the artists out there, keep on creating! You inspire us! 

DD


No comments:

Post a Comment