Friday, March 31, 2023

Transgender Day of Visibility 2023

I wrote a short post this morning on my social media sites:

"Today is transgender day of visibility.  #tdov #tdov2023 #tdov2023🏳️‍⚧️

We need to see our transgender siblings. Each person is a  human being with rights.

May we begin to learn about people who are different than ourselves rather than remaining ignorant, becoming fearful, or creating laws to suppress them. May we love and treat others as we desire to be loved and treated.

To the trans community: I stand with you-- in the work place, in health care, in schools, in faith communities, etc.

You are seen, you are accepted, you are loved.

For anyone seeking to learn more about transgender people, here is one link on transequality issues that offers explanations: https://transequality.org/issues/resources/understanding-transgender-people-the-basics

There is much more available on GLSEN, PFLAG, and other sites. I put together some links and information in this post a bit back: https://alienadventurejourney.blogspot.com/2023/03/ongoing-learning-thanks-pilgrim-for.html"

-------

I wore my ally shirt today to lunch, to donate blood, and to Ollie's. I had a few conversations about it.



I posted a TikTok video in support of this day and the transgender community. 

May we continue to create spaces for all!

Rev. Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment