Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Be still in My presence... Jesus Calling, March 27

"Be still in My presence"-- the first five words of today's Jesus Calling devotion by Sarah Young.  I read it rather quickly this morning prior to heading out for coffee and Bible Study.

I thought I would re-read it now that I'm home again, before I sit down and dig into more John Wesley sermons.  I am close to catching up, but not where I thought I'd be to getting ahead for the Academy week.  That is because somehow, our syllabus changed.  Yes, I know that can happen.  I changed mine from time to time as needed.  But, I haven't seen the change.  In the syllabus posted online that I printed off at the beginning of the semester, the dates are the same.  I haven't seen any place in the online course where the dates have been changed either, but I am likely not looking in the right place.  But, I am trying.  And that is what makes it so difficult.  Trying to do one's best, but coming up short.

So, to today's devotion.... March 27 (the first paragraph)

"Be still in My presence, even though countless tasks clamor for your attention.  Nothing is as important as spending time with Me.  While you wait in My Presence, I do My best to work within you:  transforming you by the renewing of your mind.  If you skimp on this time with Me, you may plunge headlong into the wrong activities, missing the richness of what I have planned for you." (page 90)

My "still" time is a tad lacking today, though I have had some helpful conversations, discussions, and unexpected encounters throughout the day.  I have also had some ongoing challenges that are exasperating as there seems to be a block in communication, but I will persevere and do the best I can do.

For now, being still means reading more J.W. sermons and seeing God in the Scriptures there.   Yet, soon I know I need some other God still time and look forward to the transformation and the renewing.  I am grateful that I am in progress, not fully completed.  I am grateful for opportunities to learn and grow, even when they stretch me and challenge me beyond my defined capabilities.  I am grateful for folks who walk this journey with me.

May we all find/make time to be still in the Creator's presence!

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment