Friday, October 4, 2013

A morning walk.... a view.... a reflection from the Psalms

North Chickamauga Creek Gorge Natural Wilderness Area
 
Today's morning walk makes #3 this week.   I've been a mile and a half at a former middle school walking track, a mile at a local greenway, and today, a mile and a half at the North Chickamauga Creek Gorge Natural Wilderness Area.
 
It was a cool morning.  Perfect for a morning walk.  A great way to start the day.
 
 
The sounds of the birds and the running water were delightful music to my ears!  The sights of the leaves beginning to change colors, some of the wildflowers and ferns, the rushing water, and the still pools of deeper water were nature's art museum for my eyes!  And the fresh smell of nature was refreshing for my lungs.
 
I have been encouraged and motivated by a Facebook page called Sight Psalms.  It is a ministry of the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church.  You will find photographs connected with Scripture.
 
 
I have picked Psalm 78:14-16 to go with the photograph at the top of today's post:
 
 (NRSV)
14 In the daytime he led them with a cloud,
    and all night long with a fiery light.
15 He split rocks open in the wilderness,
    and gave them drink abundantly as from the deep.
16 He made streams come out of the rock,
    and caused waters to flow down like rivers.
 
 
Wherever you find yourself today on your journey, maybe you can take a moment to stop and drink deeply from the abundance provided for you.  It is available.  
 
For me, it is the grace provided by God in and through many situations and circumstances. 
 
As I breathed in the freshness of the creation on my walk this morning, I couldn't help but recall the hymn, "Breathe on me, breath of God".  It is the breath of God that created me and sustains me.
 
 
 
This is another day along my adventurous journey.  It is well with my soul.
 
May it be so with yours!
 
Debra
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment