Friday, October 11, 2013

Hang gliding, part II.... video clips... this is what it was like for me to fly!

My tandem instructor, Clark Harlow, came by the house Friday (today) with the video, 3 cds, from yesterday's flight. 

I thought I would post a few clips. (Maybe later I'll post a few more... of the stalls, going up and around in thermals, going down at around 40 miles per hour, and landing. But, for now... I am posting just two clips of the take off and first few minutes of flying.)

Before I do, there is another Scripture verse that I found that relates to my hang gliding experience. 

Psalm 55:6

From the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV):

6 And I say, “O that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;

From the Message:

“Who will give me wings,” I ask—
    “wings like a dove?”
Get me out of here on dove wings;
    I want some peace and quiet.

REST.  PEACE.  QUIET.

Those words adequately describe what flying/soaring through the air meant to me.  Yes, it was an incredible and wonderful adventure.  But, it also filled me with such peace!  To settle into the harness and relax underneath the wings was a gift. 

I don't know if you can experience what I did from the clips, but maybe you'll get a sense of my adventure.... from the joyful zeal to the incredible awe to the perfect peace.

Take off and first few minutes of flight from the wing camera (2:48)--
 


Take off and first minute and a half from face camera (1:23)--
 
 

 

Blessings on your journey!

Debra

Thrill A Minute Hang Gliding Website





No comments:

Post a Comment