Monday, January 6, 2014

Canterbury Retreat Center... back again!


I arrived yesterday at the Canterbury Retreat Center in Oviedo.  It is my "home" for the week while I'm taking MS 610 "The Ministry of Mission & Evangelism" at the Orlando, FL campus for Asbury Theological Seminary.

After I checked in yesterday, I took a walk around Lake Gem, the lake on the property.  The weather was perfect!  Sunny and warm (in the high 70s).


The atmosphere here is calming, relaxing, peaceful.  It is a sacred space.  Very much akin to the Life Enrichment Center that was my "home away from home" for two years during my Academy experience.   There are however, a few things missing.... alligators.  I do miss getting to see them at the LEC!  And, then more importantly, there are my "family members" from the Academy that aren't here either. 

Admittedly, it was difficult driving into FL for the first time since my Academy days.  The route is similar until the end.  I even drove into Leesburg, but went through a different area of it.  That is a good thing.  If I had gotten any closer to Fruitland Park, I would have diverted my route and made a pit stop so I could stand on the dock at Lake Griffin for a few moments and reflect.

As it is, I have two docks here.  Though yesterday might have been the only day that I was able to enjoy them to the fullest.  I am here to be in class all day.  ☺

Here are some pictures of Lake Gem.  Some of the pictures I took on my walk around the lake on the fitness trail. 

I am glad to be staying here once again, to enjoy the beauty, silence, and solitude of this wonderful place!

Blessings on your journey!

Debra










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment