Friday, August 4, 2017

Grateful for Hearts on Fire

I spent Monday through Thursday at Trinity Center in Salter Path, NC at our annual face-to-face Hearts on Fire board meeting. Hearts on Fire is the Fellowship of United Methodist Spiritual Directors and Retreat Leaders (FUMSDRL).

After this time at the board meeting, I am grateful.

I am grateful for...
  • ...the beauty of the retreat center and coastal NC.
  • ...the opportunity to reconnect with folks I have known and to meet new people.
  • ...work accomplished.
  • ...sunsets and sunrises on the beach.
  • ...communion on the beach.
  • ...fellowship and worship time.
As I reflect on the work we did, the time we had together, and what Hearts on Fire and this board has meant to me over the years, I am filled with gratitude for the life-giving and life-sustaining nourishment, encouragement, support, connection, and resources.

In thinking of a visual from this week to express how I feel, this photo of these two hearts connected is the most appropriate.


Hearts on Fire connects me to God and to others.

Think about what connects you to God and others in ways that are life-giving and life-sustaining.

If it helps, list them.

Give thanks with a grateful heart for each of these.

Blessings on your journey,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment