Thursday, August 24, 2017

Hymn to the Trinity-another Jane Parker Huber hymn

Last night's sky was gorgeous!  It was a wonderful respite to sit outside and enjoy the evening sky as the red brightness shone through the trees in the backyard. The picture did not do the deep redness justice. My body, soul, and mind enjoyed the beauty of creation.


It is a cool morning with blue skies as I sit on the patio listening to the waterfall feature, share coffee with Riley, watch for hummingbirds, and start the day.  The wind chimes blow gently, dogs bark, and birds sing.


As I turned the pages in The Upper Room Worshipbook this morning, I found another Jane Parker Huber hymn written in 1980 that captured my attention, "Hymn to the Trinity" or "Creator God, Creating Still" (22A).  According to hymnary.org, this hymn is found in 7 hymnals.  Here are the lyrics:

1.
Creator God, creating still
By will and word and deed,
Create a new humanity
To meet the present need.

2.
Redeemer God, redeeming still,
With overflowing grace,
Pour out your love on us, through us,
Make this a holy place.

3.
Sustainer God, sustaining still,
With strength for every day,
Empower us now to do your will,
Correct us when we stray.

4.
Great Trinity for this new day,
We need your presence still.
Create, redeem, sustain us now
To do your work and will.

Ben Thomas sings a version of this song:


As I read these words today, I pray for  these things to be in my life-- the grace, love, strength, power, and presence of God.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment