Friday, January 5, 2024

Today's hike-- a new trail for us

view from parking lot

map at kiosk and the retired guy




#SeeAHeartShareAHeart










metal (?) box up close, metal piece behind it, and large wire spool in background


happy hikers-- me and the retired guy






don't let it bite you. :)

small metal something--toy car?



I had planned to get outside and hike today, regardless of my state of being. Thankfully, I did test negative today and that meant I didn't need to wear a mask in the car to protect the retired guy on the ride to the trailhead. 

Being outdoors is always life-giving and even more so when you aren't able to do it.

My strength isn't quite up to par, but we did hike 3 miles today. And now I'm resting some more. We took the hike slow and easy, but it still wore me out. That's the most exercise I've had in two weeks. It was my first hike of 2024.

It was wonderful to be outside in creation today, even if only for several hours. We were in the woods. The trail went by a gorgeous creek for a good portion. There were ferns, moss, huge leaves, and even some mushrooms. The creek bed had areas of solid flat rock on the bottom and crystal clear water. The trail was mostly pristine, with only a little bit of old rusty metal seen here and there. The still water and the running water were balms to my soul.

We only saw one other person on the trail. 

I had read about the trail some, but we had never hike it prior to today. I'll definitely go back. 

My soul was refreshed after this time in creation as nature therapy is a spiritual practice for me.

We hiked on the Cumberland Trail (CT) on Signal Mountain at the Hall Road/Old Anderson Road Trailhead.

Here's to more hiking adventures in 2024!

Deb

Wild Trails-- Cumberland Trail Project

Cumberland State Scenic Trail (map of trailheads)

No comments:

Post a Comment