Monday, January 1, 2024

1st day prayer

I am enjoying this book I picked up a couple of months ago: Centering Prayers: A One-Year Daily Companion for Going Deeper Into the Love of God by Peter Traben Haas.  


Going deeper into the love of God.

That's my heart's desire.

Today I read the opener for January and today's prayer. Both resonated with me and encouraged me. 

The opener for January:

"It is as if God says to me:

Your radiance cannot be hidden by your 
mistakes or by any external situation
you may be experiencing. 

Your life is hidden with me. 

Rejoice a little today in this knowledge.  

My love changes everything."

Reflecting on the above words, I am encouraged that my radiance cannot be hidden and that God's love changes everything. 

Moving to today's prayer, it is a very appropriate beginning to a new year prayer:

"O God Who Calls Me into Life:

Standing on the strength of your everlasting foundation,  I cast forth my seeds of intention into the days unfolding before me this New Year.

Strengthened by the web of shared yet unseen hopes connected in silence, I see each choice as victory and the days to come as vibrant.

In Christ, it is and shall be.

Amen."

Seeds of intention. 

What are my seeds of intention for this new year?

There are seeds of exercise: hiking, biking, and walking-- these often allow me to also practice silence and solitude.

There are seeds of intention for Spiritual Direction,  Bamboo Encounter, Welcome Home of Chattanooga, reading, writing, time with family and friends, travel, ....

And then there is an openness to the unfolding love of God, who calls me into life.

Where will this deepening and growing adventure lead? That is the question. 

The adventurous journey continues! 

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment