Thursday, March 28, 2013

I will miss Sudan in my audience

Yesterday afternoon it struck me that it had been a day, maybe two, since I had seen the country of Sudan in the audience list for the blog.  Sudan had once been my 2nd top overall, then 5th top overall (and currently 6th).  Now there won't be anymore..... Unless someone else picks up the mantle.

I knew the time was coming for my friend in Camel land to leave, yet I didn't know the exact date.  Yet, having seen a few Sudan hits prior, and then none... well, I believe my friend has left.

My friend was in Sudan with a team doing relief work, helping folks with farming, refugee camps, health needs, etc.  But, things changed.  People had to go.

I cannot imagine what it is like to leave your "home", much less without being able to tell many people "good-bye". 

I do know the importance of processing life and life's experiences:  the good, the bad, and the ugly.  And, I know that there will be time for that now. 

Yesterday afternoon when it hit me that I hadn't seen a hit from Sudan, tears came to my eyes.  I know how much this home meant to her and I know that leaving was difficult, albeit time.  I pictured someone looking out the window of a plane onto a sandy, dusty runway....

To my Camel buddy and her buddies, I know you are all exhausted and are in need of rest.  Yet, in this time of weakness, find rest.  And hear these words: "Well done, good and faithful servants."

Blessings,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment