Friday, May 29, 2015

Yo sé quien soy yo... I know who I am....a Danilo Montero song

Yesterday was "Day with the Bishop" at the Holston Conference Office in Alcoa, TN.  That meant a 2 hour commute from Chattanooga.  The past two times I've traveled there I've taken a CD of grace songs and a Danilo Montero CD.  This is the 3rd time for the commute that way and for my choice in music.  The CD with the grace songs has wonderful songs on it and gets me most of the way there, onto I-140.  Then it's time to put on Danilo Montero.

The first song on this particular CD («En vivo desde la iglesia Lakewood») is «Yo sé quien soy yo»/ "I know who I am".  With its lyrics and its beat, I find myself smiling ear to ear and belting out the song.

The song was written in 2007 by Israel Houghton and Chris Tomlin.

It is a catchy song in both Spanish and English.  You will find both versions included below.  But it's not just about the catchy tune and the beat.  The lyrics are catchy in that they speak to my soul.   An appropriate song for me to hear and sing, to worship the Creator with as I neared Alcoa.  I had been listening all morning to songs about grace, now I joined with Danilo Montero in praise and worship in God in whom I have my identity and being.



Here are the lyrics in Spanish:

CORO:
yo sé quien soy yo////
tuyo soy, tuyo soy
Cristo eres mi Dios//

Extraviado
me encontraste
ciego estaba
y ahora puedo ver
hoy tu canción yo cantaré.
quebrantado
me sanaste
muerto estaba
y ahora vivo en ti
tu identidad has puesto en mí
yo sé, yo sé///

Soy perdonado
tu amigo soy
soy aceptado
yo sé quien soy yo
tengo confianza
seguro estoy
que soy amado
yo sé quien soy yo
volví a vivir
ya libre soy
te pertenezco a ti
tú eres mi Dios
Yo sé quien soy yo, tuyo soy, tuyo soy, tuyo soy tuyo soy



English version: "I know who I am"


Here are the lyrics in English:

Verse
I was running and You found me
I was blinded and You gave me sight
You put a song of praise in me
Oh I was broken and You healed me
I was dying and You gave me life
Lord You are my identity
I know I know
(I know I know)
Chorus
I know who I am
I know who I am
I know who I am
I am Yours I am Yours
(REPEAT)
And You are mine
Jesus You are mine You are mine
Jesus You are mine
Bridge
I am forgiven
I am Your friend
I am accepted
I know who I am
I am secure
I'm confident that I am loved
I know who I am
I am alive (I am alive)
I am set free (I am set free)
I belong to You and You belong to me
Oh oh 
----------------------------------------------
Wherever you find yourself on the journey, maybe there is something in this song (either the Spanish or the English version) that speaks to your soul.  
Blessings on your journey, 
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment