Monday, July 3, 2023

Labyrinth time at Hinton Center


After a 3 mile walk at the Chatuge Dam Trail with Riley's niece and her husband, I went by the Hinton Center to see if the gift shop was open. I wanted to get some more "Rev. Nevertheless She Leads" stickers. 

Alas, it was closed. I stopped by the office and gave my name, number, and what I was looking for.

Then I stopped by the labyrinth for a prayer walk. I never know what to expect when I enter a labyrinth. Today's journey was book-ended by two songs.






As I entered the labyrinth, the Keith Green song create in me a clean heart from Psalm 51 came to mind. I sang it all the way to the center. I threw out the sticks that had fallen on the path. I heard birds chirping and singing and an owl hooting.

Lyrics to Keith Green's song: 

Create in me a clean heart, oh GodAnd renew a right spirit within meCreate in me a clean heart, oh GodAnd renew a right spirit within me

Cast me not away from Thy presence, oh LordAnd take not Thy holy spirit from meRestore unto me the joy of Thy salvationAnd renew a right spirit within me


As I left the center, Spirit of the Living God was what accompanied me out. 

Lyrics: 

Spirit of the Living God 
fall afresh on me (repeat 1st two lines)
melt me, mold me, fill me, use me



I stopped to look at thecross and the stones on the way out. The angel caught my attention,  as did the words in the stones. 

Making time for the prayer walk was as good for me as the walk and talk with Riley's niece and her husband. 

Good stuff! 

Rev. Deb









No comments:

Post a Comment