Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Christ the King Retreat Center-- 9 years later

The first in-person board meeting I attended for FUMSDRL/Hearts on Fire was in Buffalo, MN at the Christ the King Retreat Center. 

The following year I attended my first National Gathering and Retreat there. 

Meeting people in person after having only heard their voices on the phone,  reconnecting with some I had met through a 5 Day Academy in TN, and meeting new people..... there are so many memories from Buffalo, MN-- both from the board meeting and the Gathering. 

One memory came up today. As I read the words I wrote nine years ago, I thought to myself: 'I wrote that?!' :) And, it didn't go unnoticed that my writing was based on contemplative photography, a spiritual practice that has long given me life.

There was beauty all around the campus of the retreat center and photos near the lake were a go-to. This was a spot found near steps.


This is what I wrote on this day nine years ago on July 25, 2014: 

"When faced with an overgrown path between yourself and a destination, look closely for the hidden worn path of travelers gone before and follow their steps.  If no such step or opening exists, it may be time to forge the path for others.~d"

Today, as I read those words, I wrote this: 
"The hidden worn path..... forging a path for others....
Words I wrote 9 years ago at the end of a retreat. I am grateful for the many whom I follow and walk with along life's path."

I began a deeper journey somewhere around 2007 when I felt the call to "be still" and to learn to listen. 

The journey continues. 

Debra/Rev. Deb

P.S. I found a post I wrote last year on July 27, 2022 spurred on by this post and photo above. You can check it out here: A reflection on paths, spurred by quotes and memories

No comments:

Post a Comment