Thursday, February 15, 2024

A short ride with wings in the wind

I have been hoping for some warm weather and I got it today. Warm weather and a few moments to take a break from work to ride. I only rode about 11-12 miles, but it was sufficient to enjoy the wind beneath my wings.

It was 66-68 degrees Fahrenheit, clear blue skies, and warm. Even so, I wore my leather jacket.

I meandered some small roads through a neighborhood from work, coming out near the fairgrounds. I went straight and then turned right onto Veterans.  

I found myself at Trinity UMC, where a colleague serves. We served in Rossville, GA at the same time when I was in my first appointment. He was in a N. GA church and I was serving a Holston one. (Interesting tidbit-- there are 4 UMC churches in Rossville, GA.-- 2 in HolstonConferenceand 2 in N. GA.)

I pulled over into the parking spots in front of the church to take a photo of the church.  I will share with my colleague  who also speaks Spanish. 


After continuing my ride, I turned left at the next light and made my way back to the by-pass. I decided to turn left to go to Kroger gas to see if they had 100% gas. Nope. Need to find some. As I was about to pull out,  a police car and a hearse came by, leading a funeral procession. I stayed put, as did everyone. This was my first time to ever come across a funeral procession while riding. In my previous years of riding. It never happened. Funeral processions have taken on a different meaning for me since I have been in so many of them. The pastor usually rides behind the hearse, though I have ridden with a funeral director a time or two. Sitting there on my bike today, offering my condolences and respect to the family in silence was meaningful. 

After they passed on, I  continued my ride, turning right onto the road I had come in on earlier. I crossed the RR (railroad) tracks for the 2nd time, took the curves up and around. 

I made my way back to Chattanooga Avenue and the office. 

It was a good ride. There were moments of full freedom and enjoyment, especially when there were no cars around. Even in slight traffic, it was good. The ride gave me peace.

I am noticing the difference in the Rebel and my Yamaha. I miss the 750, but the 250 is a good size for me these days. 

Being on two wheels today was good.

Deb

Additional photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment