Friday, February 8, 2013

Two songs mark my Friday: Come On Get Happy! and Deeper Still

FRIDAY!

And, what a Friday it has been.  I knew as of last night that today would be different than planned because my spiritual director had called to reschedule.  But, I didn't know today would be SO different.

HOW DIFFERENT IS IT?, you ask. ☺

Well, I'll start with a friend posting on Facebook about a song that was in her mind.  She didn't post the song exactly, but wrote: "Shout "Hallelujah" come on get happy! Give you three tries to guess what song is running through my mind this morning. Hope you have a happy song for your day, too!"  Well, as I read her post, my mind went immediately to The Partridge Family and the song: "Come On Get Happy".

Yes, I said the Partridge Family, the 70s show.  So, I pulled out my CD compilation and started playing the song.  ☺  I have the vinyl LP too.  The cover is worn and the LP is scratched, but I have it. 


So, I just checked my LPs.  I don't have the same LP as the "Greatest Hits" CD.  But, I DO have 3 (yes, you read that correctly) Partridge Family LPs.  The song "Come On Get Happy" isn't on any of them though, only the CD compilation.



 
For whatever reason, the correct view of the picture from my camera decided to upload sideways.  And, I decided we can gently turn our heads as a means to stretch the muscles (rather than me taking the time to fix it).
 

Lyrics to COME ON GET HAPPY:

Hello world, here's a song that we're singin'
Come on, get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy

We had a dream we'd go travelin' together
And spread a little lovin' if we'll keep movin' on
Somethin' always happens whenever we're together
We get a happy feelin' when we're singin' a song
Travelin' along, there's a song that we're singin'
Come on, get happy

A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy
We'll make you happy
We'll make you happy

Maybe you'd like to listen to the song too?!?!  Check out the video on YOUTUBE.

Right after I had finished listening to the song this morning, an odd phone number came up on my phone.  I don't always answer, but this morning I did.  It was a Café Britt representative!  What a joy!  She told me she had seen where I was trying to order coffee yesterday, but the order didn't go through.  Well, I knew it wasn't me.  So, I knew my husband was ordering us some more Costa Rican coffee, the nectar of the gods.  [Yes, I enjoy coffee.]  She spoke wonderful English.  But, why speak English with someone who speaks Spanish!?!  So, in Spanish I told her I hadn't started the order so I would need to have my husband call if he had questions and thank you for calling us.  She seemed a little surprised that I switched into Spanish from my TN English ☺, but she went with it.  I was SUPER happy after that conversation.  Speaking Spanish brings me joy!



I have been able to work on my talk that I need to preview for next week's team meeting for an upcoming Emmaus Walk.  I have been able to work in my "Growing Spiritually Through Daily Discipline" online class through beadisciple.com and catch up on reading and posting.  I had a wonderful conversation with one of the participants.

On my way back from taking my daughter to school, I heard this song on the radio "Deeper Still" by Scott Krippayne. 

You can watch a video and listen to the song by clicking here.

Lyrics:

Here I am in this familiar place again
Standing on the shore of my complacency
Ankle deep in love I once was swimming in
Shallowness has taken over me
But the current pulls the sand
And moves my stubborn feet
From the dryness of the land
To where the wave pound over me
CHORUS:
Take me deep enough where I can see
The bottom of Your heart
Deep enough that I can know Your will
Deep enough to know that we
Will never be apart
And when I get there
Take me deeper still
Take me through the wonders of Your faithfulness
Help me see the depth of my own need
Lead me to the water where Your mercy is
For You and You alone can set me free
I am covered by Your grace
Far away from shore
As you're taking me to places
I have never been before
CHORUS
I want to drown in the water
I want to drown in Your truth
Take me all the way under
Where I have to trust in You
CHORUS

If I have heard this song, I haven't heard it often.  The lyrics caught my attention this morning because "going deeper" is where I am, where I have been, and where I hope to continue in my spiritual journey. 

How is your Friday?!?!  Maybe it has been what you expected.  Maybe it hasn't been.  Maybe you've had some unexpected joy in your day.  Or maybe you've had some unexpected trials. 

Wherever you find yourself today on the path, I pray that you might find peace, joy, hope, faith, and love.  I would encourage you to be bold and courageous in going deeper through trust too.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra




1 comment:

  1. "The Partridge Family". Channel 9 in Chattanooga, Friday at 8:30, immediately following "The Brady Bunch". Life was so simple back then, except that we had to get up to change between the three channels. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete