Friday, April 12, 2013

Making the connection in order to have power...


So when my daughter and I got in the car last night to head off to her birthday dinner and a meeting I had, my husband's car wouldn't start once again.  YIKES!  What is it with this battery?!?!  I got the jumper box and cables and plugged it in and jumped it off.  In talking with my husband he suggested I run by Auto Zone and ask them to check the connections, just in case.  Besides, we were expecting storms, rains, and possible tornados.  He really preferred that I cancel my evening plans and stay at home.  But that wouldn't have been an adventure.

So off to Auto Zone we go.  And sure enough, we quickly learn that the issue is a $2.20 fix with a battery post shim to since the connection on one side wasn't tight enough.  The battery shim fits right over the knob and snugly fits then inside the connector piece.  Voilà. 

It got me to thinking a little bit.

Physically, spiritually, emotionally, metaphorically, and talking about real batteries, there are days when my "battery" is dead.  Assessing the situation is important in order to figure out what the best plan of action and solution is.  Typically, I'm going to guess that maybe I left a door ajar or a light on for too long to drain it.  Or, maybe I will think that I had a slow leak that drained all the power and energy.  It could be that the battery needs replacing.  Yet, what it might truly and really be is that the connector isn't securely or snugly on the source of power.  In this case, all that is needed is something between the power source knob and the connection to fill in that gap so that the power connects and stays connected. 

For me, the Holy Spirit as Guide and Teacher often becomes that filling in of gap to keep me connected.  Also, the community/the body of believers can be that shim that keeps me closer to the Power.  Prayer and Scripture, along with silence and solitude can keep me close to the Power.

So next time when I'm feeling drained of Power, I'll check the connection to see if it has gotten loose.  I will take steps to tighten it if possible or find ways to shore it up, so to speak, narrowing the gap between the connection and the source.

Have you checked your battery lately?  How is your connection to your Power source?

Blessings on the journey!

Debra ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment