Wednesday, May 16, 2018

World Needs Jesus-- new song for me

Music is a language.  For me and for many it a language of the soul. Music can soothe, inspire, encourage, take you to another place, etc.  Whether it is instrumental, with lyrics, or in a different language, songs speak to me often.

If you follow my blog, you know that.  I write about songs quite a bit.

I heard a song the other day on the radio that was new to me.  "World Needs Jesus".  I didn't catch who sang it, but I learned this morning  from multitracks.com that it was a new single this year by River Valley Worship.  They released it on March 2 through BEC Worship.  

Some of the lyrics that caught my attention from the song were "we know our world needs freedom", "hurt and broken", "let every heart turn".

Check out the lyrics:

Verse 1

When our homes are hit by heartbreak
Let Your presence meet us there
When the pain seems overwhelming
We hold onto You

Verse 2

When the streets are torn by chaos
We will be Your hands and feet
When the darkness brings division
May we be Your light

Chorus 1

We know our world needs Jesus
We know our world needs freedom
So give us eyes to see the hurting and the broken
Let our lives align with every word You say

Verse 3

When the nations ache from violence
We will be Your blessed peace
When the headlines scream injustice
May we shout Your Name

Bridge

Let every heart turn to Jesus
Let every voice sing of Your great name
Let all the earth know Your freedom
We believe for more
Let every heart turn to Jesus
Let every voice sing of Your great name
Let all the earth know Your freedom
We believe for more
We believe for more

Chorus 2

I know I need You Jesus
I know this heart needs healing
So from my knees I lift this prayer to You my Savior
For my life and for the world You're the answer
Jesus
------------------------------

When you read through the lyrics, what stands out to you?  What speaks to you?

As I read through the lyrics, here are the words that stand out and speak to me:
  • heartbreak
  • pain
  • chaos
  • hands and feet
  • darkness
  • division
  • light
  • freedom
  • eyes to see
  • hurting
  • broken
  • violence
  • peace
  • injustice
  • every heart turn
  • healing

This song resonates with the truth that there is pain, brokenness, hurt, and difficulty in life.  Yet, there is also light, freedom, and healing.  

I constantly pray for eyes to see the hurting and the broken, to be the hands and feet, to be the light in the darkness, to receive healing, and to bring healing.

Wherever you find yourself on your journey, may you know most of all that you are not alone.  There are others who have walked the same journey before you or are walking it now.  Whatever your darkness, pain, or brokenness is, there is light, freedom, and healing.  

As I listen to this song and think about the 'eyes of the heart' and the 'light' I think back to Ephesians that I preached this past week.  

Ephesians 1:18 (NLT)-- "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called-- his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance."

You can listen to the song below.  There are two versions.  The first has lyrics. The second is the lead vocalist and a guitar player.  




Blessings on your journey, 

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment