Thursday, March 9, 2023

Lenten practice week 3

I have normally been walking/praying the labyrinth at Burks UMC on Wednesdays. This week it didn't happen. I was able to walk this morning before heading to work. Though cloudy, it was a beautiful morning.The flowers were more abundant today than in the past. There wasn't any heavy burdens this morning for me tocarry to the center. Not that there aren't many things on my heart and mind. It was just not part of today's journey. 

It was as if I was reminded that I don't always need to carry those things with me. Though they are part of my world, I can set them aside at times. I am reminded that I can walk in freedom and peace.

Today's walk/prayer was just that-- freedom, peace, full of color. 

As I reflected on the flowers, my thoughts were of gratitude and thankfulness.

A Haiku inspired by today's time in the labyrinth:

Thankful for this day
Colorful flower patches
Along the path's way
DD, 3/9/23

Here are photos from my time at the labyrinth:












No comments:

Post a Comment