Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Lenten practice--week 4

I was able to walk/pray the labyrinth at Burks UMC this evening for my Lenten practice. The weather was perfect with a clear blue sky and the sun still shining.  It was cool, but not as cool as yesterday. The sun caused my shadow to cross the labyrinth when it was lined up just so. 

The violet flowers were still alive, even with the old snap. Dandelions were blooming and bright yellow. 

What came to mind tonight as I walked/prayed was this breath prayer: 

Breathing in the love of Christ
Breathing out all else

As I breathed in and out, I thought about being filled with love. As love fills every space, every crevice, every cell in my body, then love will be what flows out. As I empty myself of all else, love can fill me up. When I don't know how to respond, I can respond in love. Love wins.

Tonight there was a gentleman sitting next to me who said that he may not know everyone in the room, but he loves them. I believe him. He has a huge heart. I walked a part of life with him years back and have experienced his heart and his love for God and others. His words were an example for us all. Love can be a foundation. 

May love be a foundation for us all, allowing our thoughts and actions to flow from it accordingly. 

Here are some pictures from my labyrinth walk:





Peace and love on the ongoing journey, 
Rev. Deb
  

No comments:

Post a Comment