Friday, February 22, 2013

Safety net...Break free...Learn to live from your true Center-- insight from Jesus Calling

Yesterday I caught a glimpse of some of the previous Jesus Calling entries that I've missed this year.  I saw where I had underlined some things last year. 

This morning I went back to those entries to see what spoke to me last year.

Interestingly, they speak to me still. ☺

February 18-- "I AM WITH YOU.  These four words are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair."

Safety nets are important.  Fire fighters use them to catch people as they jump from burning buildings.  Circus people use them underneath the high-wires.  We may have metaphorical saftey nets in our lives to protect us from different things.  Knowing, remembering that God the Creator is with me is definitely a safety net.  Not only can it protect me from falling into despair, but I imagine it can simply keep me from falling. 

February 19--"When the difficulties in your life feel as if they're closing in on you, break free by spending quality time with Me."

Break free!  Now, this is one that definitely speaks to me.  The "when" in that statement seems to happen more than I might desire.  Yet, when those difficulties do feel like they are closing in, is spending quality time with the Creator the first thing on my mind?  Not usually.  It seems to run against the norm.  Stopping the process of dealing with life and the situations to spend time with God, Creator.  How will that cause me to break free?!?!  Yet, I know it to be true.  I know that I can only be free from the pressures if I am spending time in relationship with the One who created me and knows me best.

Which brings me to the third entry.

February 20--"LEARN TO LIVE from your true Center in Me.  I reside in the deepest depths of your being, in eternal union with your spirit.  It is at this deep level that My Peace reigns continually."

Living from my true Center.  That would be my True Self, based upon who I was created to be by my Creator.  That is taking quite a bit of unfolding and onion-peeling to get there.  Notice that I didn't use a past tense, but a present progressive.  That is because it is an ongoing process.  I am working on living from my true Center.  There are times even in the midst of strife, stress, and difficulties that I am aware of that deep level of peace that resides.  Yet, there are other times in which I can be slightly volcanic and reactive because even though that deep peace might be below, there is too much turbulance on the surface for me to get to it. 

So, I learn and grow.  With the ebb and flow of life.  Living into the questions.  Seeking to living from my true Center.   And, because the theme and topic of "Press On" is weighing on me as I attempt to allow a sermon to be written for this Sunday (it is whirling around inside me still.  I need it to come out), I will press on.

Pressing on,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment