Friday, May 17, 2013

Angels in Action-- Observing an act of kindness

On my way home this morning, as I neared the light at Hixson Pike and Middle Valley Road, I saw a car being pushed through the intersection by one person.  They had just started from the turn lane on the far left, so I went to the right one.  They were just into the oncoming traffic lanes, but they had the right timing.  The driver hopped out and pushed too.

Then, all of a sudden, a lady who was in a truck (passenger) that would be turning left into the car soon hopped out and started pushing.  Then a man in a black truck parked his truck out of the way as he was planning to either go straight or turn right and he hopped out and started pushing. 

They got the car out of the middle of the intersection and down the road into the left lane, and then it looked like they were going to try to get it into the parking lot on the left.

My car would've blocked traffic if I had hopped out to help.  I wasn't in a position to help.  But others were... and they did.  And the flow of traffic wasn't impeded.  No one was hurt.  Someone was helped.

It was a beautiful act of kindness to watch.  That might sound silly.  It might even sound sillier that when I drove by these angelic heroes, that I yelled out my rolled down window, "you guys are awesome!"

Encouragement, hope, community, community in action, kindness, blessings..... these are the words that came to mind as I observed and reflected upon this scene.

When we see someone in need, we may not be in a position to help.  But when we are in a position to help, may we, like these angels in action, hop to it!

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment