Monday, June 10, 2013

Advice from Nature... T-shirts and journals

I am almost finished using my Advice from a River journal.


I have some pages left, but I look forward to my next journal, Advice from a Mountain.


I bought them at the same time, at an eclectic shop in Apalachicola, FL where I also found wooden hand crosses. 

The main advice from Advice from a River was "go with the flow" and that is how I've been living it since 2006, though this journal has been in used from July 2011. 

I took a sneak peek at the Advice from a Mountain journal and was pleasantly relieved to find the advice to be "Dear friend...reach new heights".  WHEW!  I was a tad concerned that I would be moving into a rough time.  Well, that could still be the case.  Reaching new heights requires striving and climbing.  I am hoping and praying that the journey won't be too difficult.  I know that I can take rest stops along the way.  One page in this new journal says, "Stand in the strength of your true nature."  The back of the journal says this:

"Reach new heights! 
Savor life's peak experiences
Stand in the strength of
Your True Nature!
Rise above it all
Get to the point
Rock on!"
 
Toward the end of the journal is this page: "To summit all up... It's the journey step by step by step."
 
Just as I have enjoyed the river journal, I imagine I'm going to enjoy the mountain one. 
 
Both of these journals come from the company Your True Nature.  For more about this company in Fort Collins, Colorado, simply click on their name in the previous sentence.
 
On our recent mountain get-away trip to Amicalola Falls State Park in Dawsonville, GA I found some t-shirts that also carried advice from nature.  I was pleased to see a t-shirt with advice from a mountain.  I found another one with advice from a waterfall.  What I did not see there at the gift shop was a t-shirt with advice from a river.  But I did learn that the t-shirts are from the same company as the journals, so I might be able to find one there. ☺
 
Because it is in Creation where I connect best with the Creator, both the mountain and the waterfall shirt express to me ways I can live out my journey.  Rocks, earth, mountains, water, waterfalls.  Ahhhh!!! ☺
 
Here are the shirts:
 


Being a linguistic geek, I like the phrase "to summit up" to mean 'to sum it up'.  So, "to summit up", I plan to attempt to live in to nature's advice from these t-shirts and journals.  Notice that the waterfall offers some of the same advice as the river in "go with the flow".  So, I'm not done with that just yet. ☺  Additionally, the waterfall advises: "roar with excitement, let your cares fall away, create your own music, immerse yourself in nature, stay active, make a splash!" 

I recognize that not all persons are "nature" people.  So, you may get your advice somewhere else.  Your wisdom comes from other sources.  There's nothing wrong with that.  For me, enjoying Creation from my Creator is a source of strength, peace, and life.  Without it, my journey would not be complete.

However you choose to learn and grow on your journey, may you find something to bring you some encouragement and a smile to your face today.

Blessings on your journey!

Debra



No comments:

Post a Comment