Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lessons from creation... the Creator speaks

I walk daily, well most every day.  My walking partner and I have spent lots of mornings over at the Greenway Farms to check out the trilliums, trout lilies (that I keep calling tiger lilies), tooth wart, phlox, etc.   Today I saw columbine.    It was nice to see the new life of the columbine in light of the trout lily blooms going away.

Nature, creation, is one of my go-to places and spaces when I need to fill up.  I am in awe of the Creator's handiwork and rarely can look up, down, or around without seeing something that points me to the Creator.  Not only am I pointed to the Creator, often there is a lesson in what I see, hear, or experience. 

Yesterday afternoon I saw the sun breaking through the clouds after all the rain we had received.  As I crested the hill and looked over to my left, I was struck by the sight of the light piercing the darkness.

On this morning's walk I could hear the trickle of water flowing long before I could see it.  When we got to it, the water running down the rocks was minimal, yet it was flowing.  And flowing onto the walking path and along the path for a ways.  That struck me. 

The sun has attempted to come out today, even though the clouds have fought to hide it.  I've been outside to capture the dogwoods "on film" in the front yard  because we have pink and white ones.  I have also captured a few tulips.  But what captured me most was the dandelion blowing in the breeze.  There it was, swaying in the breeze yet not losing its seeds. 

I posted the following pictures and thoughts on my Facebook page yesterday and today.  I share them with you today as a collection of lessons from creation.

Maybe something will touch you where you are in your journey and speak to you.... or maybe you know someone who needs the pictures or the words. 


There is darkness in our lives. There are heavy burdens. There is pain and sorrow. Even so, the Light will make a way through. It will shine in us, on us, and through us. Peace and grace on the journey.


A waterfall where there normally isn't one because of all the rain. For me this shows that beauty can come from extreme situations.

 
The breeze is blowing this tiny creation around, causing it to dance to and fro with the movement of the wind. Yet it remains intact. For now. It reminds me of the verses from 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (NKJV)--"We are hard-pressed on every side,... yet not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." When the breeze does win and send the seed flying, life will be spread out to who knows where. Another life lesson from creation. Thanks be to the Creator.
 
Blessings on your journey,
 
Debra
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment