Monday, June 27, 2016

Pulling weeds


It seems no matter how many weeds I pull from the stone pathway or patio, there is always one more. Or, if by chance I do get them all, within days there are more. It doesn't take long for those pesky things to find their way up through the cracks.

Even though I pull them out roots and all, they come back. It takes vigilance and intentionality to stay on top of these weeds.

Some weeds had gone unnoticed for a while on a walkway to the storage underneath the house. In pulling up those weeds between the bricks, a few pieces of broken brick came with the roots and soil.

I am reminded that I am to keep a daily watch over the soil in the garden of my soul to ensure that weeds are not growing there. I need the Holy Spirit to root out any bitterness, fear, anger, hurt, etc.

As I open myself up to the weeding of the Gardener, may my heart, mind, and soul live into the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23--"...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness,  and self-control."

Thank you, Creator God, for the gentle reminder that you desire daily opportunities of communication and relationship with your creation in order to keep the weeds out.

How do you need the Gardener of Creation in your life today?

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment