Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Combat Medic Prayer

I learned about a new prayer yesterday.

Before yesterday I hadn't heard of the "Combat Medic Prayer".  It's a prayer that really could be used by anyone in any type of medical emergency field by adapting some of the wording.

How did I learn about this prayer?  Through an unfortunate situation that turned out good, thanks to the quick response of folks.

It's a neat prayer.  Check it out:  Combat Medic Prayer.

In case you don't want to click on the above link, here is the prayer written out for you:

Oh Lord, I ask for the divine strength
to meet the demands of my profession.
Help me to be the finest medic,
both technically and tactically.
If I am called to the battlefield,
give me the courage to conserve our
fighting forces by providing medical
care to all who are in need.
If I am called to a mission of peace,
give me the strength to lead by caring for
those who need my assistance.
Finally, Lord help me take care
of my own spiritual, physical
and emotional needs.
Teach me to trust in your
presence and never-failing love.

Amen.

I am grateful for the gentleman who wore this prayer on his back yesterday and who lived out this prayer literally by putting his faith into action yesterday in a situation.


We are called to live out our faith in action.  We are called to put up our radars to be attentive to the God moments in our lives.

Watching this man who was wearing this combat medic prayer t-shirt live out his faith in action was one of those God moments.

The last part of this prayer is a prayer we can all pray, whether or not we are in the medical field:

"Lord, help me to take care of my own spiritual, physical, and emotional needs. Teach me to trust in your presence and never-failing love. AMEN."

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment