Wednesday, June 21, 2017

In the morning when I rise


This is the view off the deck this morning sometime after 6am as I go outside for coffee and contemplation.  The sky shows hints of red in the morning sunrise.  It is nowhere near as bright and deep dark as it was last night.  Last night's sunset was stunning.

I left the house without my camera and went to the nearby Burk's UMC labyrinth to walk and pray.  Without my camera I couldn't capture any of the incredible sky moments, from the bright light coming through the clouds to the deep dark red all over the sky.  But it's okay.  I enjoyed it with my eyes and I attempted to soak it in into my heart, mind, and soul.

I rise this morning to another full day.  I look forward to being with the kids at the Rossville Summer Academy for morning devotions.  Because of Annual Conference last week, this will be my 2nd Wednesday with them.

Then I have a graveside service for one of our Simpson UMC shut-ins.  I am grateful for the visits I had with her.  I was able to meet more of her family last night.  I know her aunt from our church.

After that I will visit with someone with whom I have been getting to know over the phone for a few weeks.  It's a connectional visit in that another pastor called me and asked me to make this connection.  It has taken a while to make it happen, but the first in-person visit happens today.

On a side note, that connectional aspect of the United Methodist Church is vital and a major blessing. I have had pastors from out of state call me and ask me to do hospital visits.  I have done the same once before when a member was in NY and now when a member is heading to CA for a procedure.  What a blessing when we truly connect as the body of Christ and extend the caring love of Christ for one another in the flesh on behalf of God and the church.  It has blessed me to go on behalf of others and it blesses me that others go on behalf of me.  Truly, we all do it on behalf of God ultimately, but we are also extensions of one another's ministries.

I have other thoughts this morning, but I think I will put them in other posts.  I wouldn't want this one to be too long.

As I look toward the day, the song, "In the morning When I Rise" / "Give Me Jesus" came to mind. This version is with Jeremy Camp.

Lyrics:
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus
When I am alone
When I am alone
Oh, when I am alone
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus
Jesus
Give me Jesus
When I come to die
When I come to die
Oh, when I come to die
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus
Jesus
Written by C.S. Brown • Copyright © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc


Blessings on your journey,

Debra



No comments:

Post a Comment