Thursday, June 22, 2017

Strength from songs

As I mentioned in the previous post, it has been one of those busy weeks in ministry.  It hasn't really slowed down at all. But, in the midst of it, there have been some God moments.

Tuesday morning I had a dental appointment.  The hygienist I had been seeing was no longer there, but I was back in the chair of someone I had seen in the past.  As I settled in, I noticed the music sounded like Hezekiah Walker and inquired.  It wasn't him, but was another gospel artist, J.T. somebody.  I thought I had looked at the name correctly, but now I can't find him anywhere.  But listening to him while in the dentist office was a great way to start the morning.  Who knew that I would be blessed that morning by being in the dentist's office!?!

After I left there, I heard song after song on the radio (I was listening to Family Life Radio) that spoke into the brokenness and situations of life and ministry that I have been ministering to and working with already this week.  As I have been holding these situations and people in prayer this week, these songs spoke life and blessing into each of these places and allowed me to be filled. Truly, these songs also blessed me as I drove from the dentist into work.

Here are some of those songs.  Maybe they will encourage you today. Or, maybe you will think of someone who could be encouraged by hearing them and you'll pass them along to them.

Who knows?!?

The first song I heard was "Broken Things" sung by Matthew West.



The second one is "Even If" by MercyMe.



Next: "Beloved" by Jordan Feliz":

Last, but not least, "I Need You Now/How Many Times" by Plumb:



As you listen to the songs, what lyrics give you strength?  Again, if not for you, for someone else maybe?

To find strength and blessing in the unexpected place of a dental office and then to get back in the car and have almost song after song minister directly to situations I was carrying and dealing with was one of those God-moments for me on Tuesday morning.    

What is a recent God-moment in your life?

Peace and blessings on your journey, 

Debra


No comments:

Post a Comment