Friday, June 30, 2017

Hearts-- a reminder of love

Hearts.

I have started seeing them everywhere.  Rocks that are shaped like hearts.  Clouds, both in the clouds and in the spaces.  Leaves.  Designs in the coffee lattes.  Places on trees or on the ground.  Yes, I've even seen hearts in tar and gum stuck on the asphalt or concrete for WHO knows how long.

I forget now when I first noticed my first heart rock, but it came up in the history feed on Facebook a while back.  I didn't know about the hashtag "seeaheartshareaheart" until years later when a friend shared it with me and sent me a copy of the book. (#seeaheartshareaheart)  [Thanks, Bex!]

As I continue to see hearts and share them, you know what is happening now?  Folks are sharing them with me.

Local friends and friends who live all over see hearts and think about me.  Sometimes I get them via a text message.  At other times I get tagged on Facebook.  Sometimes both.  If I were to list all the friends that have been sending me hearts, I might leave out someone unintentionally, so allow me to simply say THANK YOU!  You have blessed me each and every time.

What is it about hearts that are so captivating?

Great question.

There have been times when a heart has shown up and been there to remind me I am loved.  Or, I'm praying for others and I'm reminded to remind them that they are loved.  It almost always comes down to love, for that's what is at the heart of the matter.

Just this week two hearts have been sent to me.  One was in a rock, found while someone was hiking.  The other was a rock in the midst of other rocks.  The day I saw the first one, a verse was shared  at Bible Study about love that stuck with me.  Though it was a different version than the verse I chose to put with the picture of the rock, I wanted to pass them on.  The verse is 1 John 4:18 and I chose The Message version to go with the rock.

Photo by Mary Igou, Fall Creek Falls
The person who found the rock in the midst of the rock put an appropriate Scripture  (Ezekiel 36:26) with that picture and posted it.  I copied the link and shared it on my Facebook.  It's a cool picture.

Today as I'm having some afternoon coffee, sitting in front of our outdoor waterfall, and enjoying the slight afternoon breezes, I looked up and saw a couple of heart clouds passing by.  What I see as hearts in the clouds may not be seen as others.  I realize that.  Isn't that true in other things too?  What I'm trying to be able to see in life and in people is the heart.  I want to get past the things that don't matter and get to the heart of the matter.  I want to focus on heart things, for they truly are the important things.

this one is starting to wisp away

this one is solidly attached to the other clouds

NOTE: These photos were taken of different clouds in different directions, though when you look at them together they have similarities.  It takes time with them to see their uniqueness.  Every heart has a story.

Hearts.  They are on my mind today.  I think it comes with the territory of loving God and loving others.  If I am going to truly love God and love others, hearts will become a focus in my life. I will care about the hearts of others-- emotionally, physically, and spiritually.  Every heart, every person with that heart has a story.  Am I taking time, making time to listen to those stories?  Am I getting to know the heart?

Those are the questions for me.

Here are some different questions for you.

Are you starting to see hearts in creation?  Does it help you think about the Creator and/or the creation?

Who are the people that come to mind when you see hearts?

Are there people you are holding space for currently for whatever situation in their lives?  Are you keeping someone in your thoughts and prayers?  If so, may there be a heart shown to you soon to remind you that they are in good hands, they are loved, and so are you.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment