Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Waterfall"... the song... by Chris Tomlin (along with pictures of waterfalls and some reflection)

Last Sunday morning I was ironing my clothes for church and listening to K-LOVE on my phone.  I heard the song "Waterfall" by Chris Tomlin.  Like the water pouring down the rocks on a waterfall, the words in the song poured into my heart, mind, and soul.  They soaked grace into me.

I had only heard the song a time or two on the radio prior to hearing it that morning on K-LOVE. 

I made a mental note to look more into that song when I got the chance.  I even jotted down the word "waterfall" on a piece of paper so I would remember.

Waterfalls have a significant draw to me physically and spiritually.  I enjoy visiting them, taking pictures of them, and I've even preached about them. ☺

In this post, I want to share Chris Tomlin's song with you... the lyrics, the song itself, and maybe some background information.  We'll see.

It won't be too long.  This is a study break posting.  I need to get back to reading Church History. 

 
 "Waterfall"  Lyrics on K-LOVE


O God, my God I seek You
I wanna move when You move
You're more than I could long for
I thirst for You
You're an ocean to my soul
To my soul

Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Running wild and free
You hear my heart when I call, when I call
Deep calls to deep
Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Raining down on me
Waterfall, waterfall

O God my God, I seek You
In this dry and desert land
You lead me to streams of mercy once again
You're an ocean to my soul
To my soul

It's coming like a flood
I'm dancing in the rain
Everything I've done is covered in rivers of grace
Amazing

It's coming like a flood
I'm dancing in the rain
I lift up my hands
Your love never changes
Amazing



Waterfalls may not have the same effect on you as they do on me, so this song may not meet you where you are.  Almost anything having to do with water draws me closer to the Creator and I can see, hear, and feel the power when I'm up next to a waterfall.  Especially, the falls at Niagara.  One gets SOAKED on the boat tour.

There are other waterfalls that allow you gentle sprays or great views from below, above, or all along the path.

Regardless, the imagery of the flooding grace of a waterfall is simply powerful to me.

As noted, I've written and spoken about waterfalls twice already in sermons-- one for White Oak UMC (June 23, 2013) and the other for my assignment for my preaching class (November 16, 2013).  They are linked in the previous sentence, if you're interested. 

I even have a T-shirt that shares "Advice from a Waterfall".

 
A sampling of pictures I've taken of waterfalls:
La Paz Waterfalls, Costa Rica
Mabbit Springs, Signal Mountain, TN
Falling Water Falls (from top), Signal Mountain, TN
Niagara Falls
Amicalola Falls, GA
Helton Creek Falls, lower portion, Blairsville, GA

Helton Creek Falls, upper portion, Blairsville, GA


That's all the pictures for this post.  I hope I haven't overdosed you or overflowed you with waterfalls.

As I close, some of the lyrics that stand out to me are:  seek, long, thirst, deep calls to deep, streams of mercy, wild and free, rivers of grace.

There is so much freedom in the love, mercy, and grace of God. 

May you and I experience it daily.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra




No comments:

Post a Comment