Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trusting God's Timing Instead of Fearing by Karen Roberts

http://www.daily-devotionals.com/2010/12/trusting-gods-timing/

I'm on an e-mail list for devotions by Karen Roberts.  I found her website a while back while searching for camp devotions.  She was in camp ministry for a long time and has created curriculum to use with staff and campers for camps.  That caught my attention as I thought it would be interesting to read through as I prepare for my opportunity to be a MIR (Minister In Residence) this summer at Camp Lookout.  Karen has devotions of other kinds as well.

Today, I got the e-mail and went to her website.  At the top, devotion "hooks" scroll across.  This one caught my attention. 

It read: "Everyone goes through tough times during certain periods of their lives.  As Christians, we know in our heads that God is working in and through those times.  But often our emotions take over.  Fear and worry may set in."

Uh, yeah.  I can relate to that.  Almost anytime there is change in my life or I sense God about to do some changing or re-arranging, there is usually excitement.  But, in all honesty, there is also worry and fear.  I am learning to trust in God's timing for things.  I am learning to live into the waiting.  I am learning to replace fear and worry with faith.  However, I don't always "get it" right away.  And sometimes, I go back and forth between the two extremes of trust and fear.

Anyway, I thought I'd share Karen Roberts' devotion here, because trusting in God's timing is definintely part of the journey!

Though there are some ads on the webpage you have to work around, it is worth it.

Blessings on your journey, and may you live into trusting in God's timing.

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment