Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Foggy morning thoughts and reflections

It's a foggy morning, but it's still a new day.


Yesterday had so many 2nd "Monday" tendencies to it that I wonder what today, Wednesday, will bring?

I learned throughout the day that I wasn't the only one having another Monday on a Tuesday.  That was comforting and allowed for some laughs with an insurance person over the phone.

In all these things, the ups and downs, the ins and outs, the joys and grief, I am seeking to do a few things.

1.  Remember God.  If I don't keep this focus, then my eyes aren't in the right place.  It's all about
     God and not about me.
2.  Take pause moments, breaks throughout the day to breathe, to refocus, to simply "be".
3.  Make time for people near and far.  It's the relationships in our lives, with God and others that
     matter most.  If we don't make time for those relationships then what do we have?  It takes time,
     energy, and effort to keep relationships going and to build new ones as a leader, but it is worth it. I
     don't do a great job of it.  I'm just saying that it's worth it and that's why I keep trying.  Each day I
     invest in someone or several someones, sometimes that someone is me.


As I headed out for my coffee this morning, I saw "Our Daily Bread" on the table with the cover showing.

I have been more aware of sunflower fields this year with folks talking about them on social media and sharing pictures.  I finally went out to the one in Ooltewah, TN, but it was on a rainy morning. There were sunflowers on both sides of the road.

The verse on the front of the devotional is Numbers 6:25-26-- "The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.:

One picture I took that day showed one sunflower facing me and the majority (or maybe even all) of the others were facing away.


On a foggy morning when yesterday seemed in many ways like a 2nd Monday, I do pray for God's grace and peace.

I also pray for those having surgery today, those recovering, those preparing for surgery in the weeks ahead, those grieving the loss of loved ones, and those with other burdens and concerns.  There are many needs in the flock.  I recognize there are many joys and praises too and I lift those up as well.

I pray for kingdom eyes to see God's vision through the fog, to live into God's calling for all of us, wherever we are.

I pray that I might be able to live, love, and lead like Jesus today.

As I finish my quiet time, I look back at the sky.  The fog is gone.



Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment