Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jesus has his eyes on on me.... no matter where I am or where I go


On the altar this morning there was a relief work of Jesus.  Actually in the dark, I couldn't see that it was a relief work, I learned that later.  All I could tell is that wherever I went, Jesus' eyes were on me.  If I squatted down, Jesus looked down at me.  If I moved to the left, Jesus' eyes followed me.  So, there I was, in front of the altar moving left, right, up, and down, playing with Jesus.  Wow!  How amazing!  It was fun and weird at the same time.  And, it touched me somewhere deeper.  Yes, there were two other people in the worship space lighting candles, but they weren't bothered by my weirdness.

I later learned that this piece of art came from Argentina.  I don't know who made it.  I took pictures after our prayer time of Jesus' eyes following me around and of the backside of the art piece too.

Interestingly, this piece of art and the thought of Jesus having his eyes on me no matter where I am or where I go also fits in with today's reading of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. 

"I MEET YOU in the stillness of your soul. It is there that I seek to commune with you.  A person who is open to My Presence is exceedingly precious to Me.  My eyes search to and from throughout the earth, looking for one whose heart is seeking Me.  I see you trying to find Me; our mutual search results in joyful fulfillment.
     Stillness of soul is increasingly rare in this world addicted to speed and noise.  I am pleased with your desire to create a quiet space where you and I can meet.  Don't be discouraged by the difficulty of achieving this goal.  I monitor all your efforts and am blessed by each of your attempts to seek My face." (April 4, p. 99)

Scripture references: Zechariah 2:13; 2 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 23:2-3

Meeting Jesus in the stillness of my soul.  That brings peace deep down into my spirit when I make that meeting.  When I am able to step away from the busyness of life and the noise, and "be still" and quieten my soul so that I can simply "be" and listen to my Creator, there is truly joy and fulfillment and peace.  To be reminded that Jesus' eyes are searching me out and looking for me and at me, no matter where I am or where I go is assuring and comforting. 

To have read this devotional this morning and then to have gone into the worship space and to have experienced Jesus watching me and looking at me was a double blessing, putting the words into a living experience. 

May you meet Jesus in the stillness of your soul.  May you know that Jesus is looking for you and watching you, that Jesus' eyes are on you too.... no matter where you are or where you go.  May you find comfort and peace in that realization.

Blessings on your journey today,

Debra





No comments:

Post a Comment